“You are not a body with a soul, you are a soul with a body.”
We all carry within us the magical sparks of life, creation, and Source energy. As children of God, we are both divine and human at once.
But, oftentimes we forget this truth. We lose sight of our spiritual essence during our physical immersion.
The purpose of this article is to help you remember yours — because it’s possible to embrace your divinity and your humanity at the same time.
In the paragraphs that follow, we’ll dive into:
- What divinity is
- How humanity and divinity differ (and where they converge)
- 5 ways you can embrace both your divinity and humanity
What is divinity?
Before we dive into the ‘how’, let’s start with a definition about what divinity is. Simply put, divinity is embracing your innate God-like nature. When you channel the divine within you, you spread love, kindness, and authenticity everywhere you go.
How is divinity different from humanity?
Divinity is our natural state of being. It encompasses the spiritual energy and essence within all of us. As divine beings, we are an inseparable part of God. Our divinity is our truth. It doesn’t change regardless of what form we are in (physical or spiritual). It is always accessible to us.
In contrast, our humanity is something we embody when we come into our physical bodies. During this time in our journey, we are imperfect beings put into this time and space reality to learn and expand. Part of this expansion means we make mistakes, we take the wrong path, and sometimes we act in unkind and unloving ways.
These two parts of us — the ying and yang — converge during our physical experience. It’s here, while we’re walking the earth in a body, that we’re able to channel both our humanity and divinity at the same time.
Here are 5 simple ways to embrace your divinity and humanity as you move through your spiritual journey:
1.) Reflect on the meaning of your life
Life isn’t a purposeless journey. It’s a physical school where you have come to learn, grow, and expand.
What lessons have you learned in your life? What do you still need to learn? What talents and natural gifts are you exploring? How can you leave the world a better place?
Spend time reflecting on your life. Think deeply about where you’re at, and where you’d like to go. Then make a conscious decision to move toward the direction of your purpose. If you aren’t sure where to begin, read this step-by-step guide to finding your purpose.
2.) Be a conscious creator
We are all creators, put on earth to create. However, oftentimes, we don’t recognize our own power or abilities.
Make a conscious decision to harness your natural talents, explore the activities you’re drawn to, and experiment with the world around you. It’s through this process of conscious creation that you will uncover the greatness within you.
Conscious creation will help you stay connected to God, and the spiritual world around you. Plus, it’s fun to create!To the soul that knows its own divinity, all else must gravitate. Click To Tweet
3.) Involve your body in decision making
During your time on earth, you live in your body. As such, you want to actively involve your body in decision-making. Doing this will help you ensure you’re making decisions that enhance your life experience rather than hinder it.
Here are a few ways to involve your body in the decision-making process:
- Check in with yourself after each meal: How is your body reacting to what you’ve consumed? If you eat cheese and your body becomes bloated and gassy, this is a tell-tale sign dairy isn’t serving your body. Listen to the subtle (and not so subtle) ways your body communicates with you. The more you listen, the easier it will be to understand.
- Ask your body what it needs: Does your body need a walk? To stretch? Exercise? To eat something nutritious? To read or learn something new? If you notice your joints feel stiff or you have an urgency to eat a certain type of food, workout, or are craving brain stimulation, take note! As an intelligent system, your body always knows exactly what it needs to operate at an optimal level. It just needs you to listen to it, and offer it the nourishment it craves.
- Start each day with an 8 oz glass of water: If you want your body to stay healthy and vibrant, you need to make sure it’s hydrated. Not only is this crucial to maintain high levels of energy, but your brain always requires water to function. When you’re dehydrated, you’ll be less productive, feel lethargic and more susceptible to illness.
Your body was chosen just for you — to give you exactly what you need to excel during your physical journey. The more you involve it in the decision making process, the easier it will be to remove physical blocks (such as illness and lethargy).
4.) Always choose kindness
If we aren’t careful, it’s easy to become jaded by life. After all, not every experience is pleasant, and we all go through our fair share of trials and tribulations.
Don’t let the hard times harden your heart. Whenever you’re given a choice, always choose to be kind.
How people treat you is their karma. How you treat others is yours. Approach every situation with open ears and an open heart. Listen to others, and whenever you are given a choice, choose kindness.
5.) Create uplifting beliefs
Your beliefs influence everything about your life from the thoughts you think to the feelings you feel, and the actions you do or don’t take. Don’t allow yourself to get caught up in the web of disbelief and doubt. You are the author of your story — the holder of your pen and the driver of your car.
Reclaim your power, and step into awareness today by creating uplifting beliefs. To get started, take a deep breath in and count to four. Then take a deep breath out and count to eight.
Once you feel calm and relaxed, recite the following beliefs 3 times:
- Failures do not exist to break me. They exist to build my strength.
- I am possible. My dreams are possible. I have the power of the Universe behind me.
- I am a person of action. I know the greatest risk is to do nothing, and so I choose to act.
- The world is not against me. The world is here for me.
- I am loved. I am supported. I am possible.
Repeat these beliefs as often as necessary until they ring true to you. The more uplifting your beliefs are, the easier it will be for you to live an authentic life aligned with your true purpose.
What are you going to do to honor your divinity and humanity today? Let me know in the comments below!
Sending love, Xx,
About Antasha Durbin: Antasha is a spiritual writer and a life-long student of the universe. Her website, cajspirituality.com, is dedicated to helping you nourish your mind, body & soul. Subscribe for free, easy-to-digest, and highly actionable advice on how to nourish yourself from the inside out, yo